Todd Tarbert has served as a senior executive, board of director and advisor to the business community in the Pacific Northwest for the past 25 years. As a licensed attorney, Todd has been involved in advising clients on the purchase and sale of over 200 businesses transactions ranging in size from small, owner operated businesses to complex M&A transactions. As an owner, senior executive or board member of various business initiatives, Todd has been involved in all aspects of the purchase and sale of over 20 businesses in various industries including manufacturing, eCommerce, travel, retail, hospitality, technology and real estate. Todd’s vision is to leverage his past experiences and relationships to assemble a world-class team of transaction advisors in order to make Murphy Business and Financial Corporation the undisputed leader in business brokerage services in the Puget Sound Region.
Todd’s Career Highlights Include:
• Incorporator and legal counsel to Amazon, Inc.
• A founder of Synergies, Inc., a Northwest venture capital company
• A founder of Distinations.com, a pioneering leader in the online travel industry
• A founder of Affinity Financing, LLC, a current leader in structuring alternative financing facilities for the non-profit community
• Senior Executive of the World’s second largest corporate travel company
• Author of “The Guide to Buying and Selling a Business” “The Tax Implications of Debt Forgiveness,” “Alternative Forms of Financing Small Businesses”, “How to Protect Your Intellectual Property” and “Are You a Franchise or Do You Just Look Like one?”
• Speaker at numerous conferences, including: Washington State Bar Association: Traps to Avoid in the Sale of a Small Business; Seminar for Accountants: An Overview of Buying and Selling a business; National Travel Associations: National Conference Presentations on the Impact of the Internet on the Travel Industry; Washington Rural Telecom/Putting Broadband to Work Conference: “The Power of Affinity: The Key to Bring Back Jobs; The Gideons International – State Convention: The “Heart” of Leadership; Washington State Bar Association: Advising your Client on Intellectual Property Matters
Todd received his BA from the University of Washington and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Washington School of Law in Seattle. Todd is married and has two children and he enjoys coaching his children’s youth sports, adventure travel, collecting books and building sustainable Community Impact Organizations.