Every day, thousands of businesses are valuated, sold, and bought. Murphy Business franchise owners in Florida are trusted business brokers helping their clients achieve their goals for the future. And Murphy Business is the brand business owners and business buyers trust to guide them through this process. Our success was not achieved overnight, it is a result of experience, knowledge, client trust, and thousands of business sales to date.
What is a business broker?
A business broker is a trained professional that assists people to buy and sell businesses. Think about business brokers as the realtors in a business sense. Just like someone would use a realtor to help buy or sell a home, someone would use a business broker to buy or sell a business. Business brokers sometimes referred to as business intermediaries or business transfer experts help people navigate the complexities of the business sale process.
Do you have what it takes to become a business broker?
To become a Murphy business broker, you do not need any prior business brokerage experience, but you do need business experience. In some states, you will need a real estate license or a business broker license. Our business brokers have mid- to senior-level management experience or have been previously business owners themselves.
Becoming a business broker could be the most rewarding, engaging, and lucrative work you’ve ever done. And as a member of the Murphy Business franchise network, you’ll have access to training, tools, and name recognition you need to thrive in the business brokerage industry.
While business brokerage is a growing and highly profitable industry, it isn’t for everyone. To become a successful business broker, you’ll need the drive to build your own business. You’ll need the people skills to forge new relationships. And you’ll need the experience and expertise required to help your clients get maximum value in any business transfer.
At Murphy Business, we understand what it takes to become a successful business broker in today’s dynamic and fast-paced economic landscape. So, before you join the Murphy Business franchise network, we want to make sure that you have the traits, skills, and experience you need to succeed in our industry.
Want to know whether you’re ready to become a Murphy Business Broker in Florida? Here’s a snapshot of our ideal candidate to help you find out…
Ideal Candidate to Become a Murphy Business Broker
The ideal candidate to become a business broker with Murphy Business should have business experience, but does not need any prior business transfer experience, and meets the following criteria:
- Liquid capital of $100K+. While we are one of the more affordable franchise opportunities on the market, new franchisees still need adequate capital to purchase a franchise and establish their business. As such, potential franchisees should have access to at least $100,000 in liquid capital.
- Experience in business ownership/management. At Murphy Business, our experience plays a key role in our promise to clients. To become a business broker with Murphy Business, you’ll need to hold experience in mid-level or senior-level management or as a business owner yourself.
- Wants to control his or her own destiny. As a Murphy Business Broker, your destiny will be in your hands. We look for candidates who jump at this opportunity — professionals who are eager not only to achieve success but to achieve it on their own efforts.
- Ambitious, driven, and self-confident. Success in the business brokerage industry largely depends on your attitude and your effort. Our ideal candidate sets big goals, puts in the work to achieve them, and believes in his or her own abilities, even when faced with adversity.
- They can see themselves in a consulting capacity. Consultation is a huge part of working as a business broker. To become a business broker, it’s important that you’re prepared to think strategically, develop creative solutions, and put your clients’ needs first.
- Enjoys helping people achieve their goals and dreams. When you become a business broker, your job is to help other people achieve their goals and dreams. If this sounds like your idea of rewarding work, you might be the perfect fit for the Murphy Business family.
Think you’re ready to become a Murphy Business Broker in Florida? Call (727) 725-7090 or (888) 561-3243 to get more information about the Murphy Business franchise opportunity or fill out the form on this page.